If you think all Celtic music sounds the same, then you probably haven’t heard Deirdre Ní Chinnéide, Ireland’s leading singer who is reshaping the genre that has captivated millions. Deirdre offers her music as an expression of a spiritual practice that explores the healing potential of sound with particular connection to the Spirit and shadow of Celtic consciousness. She is a singer, songwriter and released her debut album Celtic Passage in 2007. Join us at San Carlos Cathedral! Please call the parish office at (831)373-2628, with any questions.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies will show the film “The Accountant of Auchwitz” on Sunday, March 15th at 3 p.m. A reception hosted by San Carlos Cathedral will follow.
- $12 General Admission Film Tickets
- $8 Student & Military Film Tickets
- $12 Reception Tickets valid for March 8, 14, 15, 21
For tickets or questions, call (800)838-3006 or visit www.carmeljff.org/ for more information.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the 40-day season of Lent, a time of deep discernment and preparation. During this time, we journey with Christ through his suffering, death, and resurrection. The schedule of celebrations on Ash Wednesday, February 26th, will be as follows:
- 7:30am – Mass, with distribution of Ashes
- 9:00am – School Mass, with distribution of Ashes
- 10:30am – Mass, with distribution of Ashes
- 12:00pm – Mass, with distribution of Ashes
- 5:30pm – Mass (bilingual), with distribution of Ashes
- 7:00pm – Prayer service, with distribution of Ashes
Ash Wednesday is a day of fast and abstinence
Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena will take place from Tuesday December 3rd through Wednesday December 11th, from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm in front of the Parish Office.
- On Thursday December 12th, there will be Mañanitas with Mariachi at 4:30 am and Mass at the Cathedral at 5:30 am, followed by Reception at the Parish Hall
- We will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Monday December 9th. Daily Masses will be celebrated as usual, 7:45 am and 12:15 pm
Christmas in the Adobes
- Christmas in the Adobes will be held on Friday December 13th and Saturday December 14th, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- A Penance Service will be offered at the Cathedral on Tuesday December 10th, at 7:00 pm
- The Posadas will begin on Monday December 16th, concluding on Christmas Eve, Tuesday December 24th
Christmas Eve – December 24th
- 4:00 pm Mass at the Cathedral
- 4:00 pm Family Mass at the Parish Hall
- 6:00 pm Bilingual Mass at the Cathedral
- 9:00 pm Christmas Carol Service at the Cathedral
- 9:30 pm Mass at the Cathedral
Christmas Day – December 25th
- 9:00 am Mass at the Cathedral
- 10:30 am Mass at the Cathedral
- 12:00 pm Mass at the Cathedral
All Saints Day (Friday November 1st, 2019)
- 5:30 pm All Saints Vigil Mass on Thursday October 31st, 2019.
- 7:45 am All Saints Mass.
- 9:30 am San Carlos School Mass, celebrated by Bishop Danny Garcia.
- 12:15 pm All Saints Mass.
- 6:00 pm All Saints Bilingual Mass.
*There will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
All Souls Day (Saturday November 2nd, 2019)
- 9:00 am All Souls Mass.
- 10:00 am All Souls Mass at San Carlos Cemetery.
*We will also celebrate our regular masses at 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Saturday November 2nd, 2019
Thanksgiving Day (Thursday November 28th, 2019)
- 9:00 am Thanksgiving Day Mass.
*We will not celebrate our regular masses at 7:45 am or 12:15 pm on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 28th, 2019
This letter is addressed to all San Carlos Cathedral parishioners and most especially to families whose children attend our school. I pray that our letter finds you all well.
As a pastor, my first priority is sacramental/spiritual support to each one of you. However, together with Mrs. Bennett, we are also entrusted with the administration of our entire church and school campus and with the safety of every single person on our property.
Soon I will celebrate my first year as a pastor here. Upon my arrival (September, 2016) I learned of the gopher issues and the state of our field. Together with parents and dedicated parishioners we met and discussed how to improve the field. We took measures to eradicate (as much as possi- ble) the gophers; we have continued our monthly maintenance of the field in this regard. We regularly fill the holes and plant new grass.
Even though we have ongoing efforts for maintenance we are still concerned about the uneven- ness of the field and recognize that it needs additional work. The immediate priority is to continue to improve safety and keep repairing the field. We need to level the field again, compress it, fill any existing gopher holes, repair damaged areas by plugging and sodding as needed, reseed grass or/and plant new turf as required. The repairs will continue to be implemented by the parish and school.
The long-term priority would be renovating the entire field. Improvements include installing artificial turf or re-seeding the entire field, building a track around the field and placing tiered bleacher seating where parents and students alike can watch the games.
We are establishing a dedicated account towards TRACK & FIELD PROJECT with a goal of raising $750,000.00 for the complete renovation of the field. We are looking forward to recruiting donors, hosting fundraising events, establishing second collections and matching funds.
Our children deserve a better area and I believe that we can make it happen. We would love to have a planning committee as together we can do it!!! Please contact us if you would like to be part of this committee.
With prayers for each one of you,
Fr. Emil Robu, Pastor & Mrs. Teresa Bennett, Principal
This letter is addressed to all of you who call San Carlos your spiritual home. I pray that my letter finds you and your loved ones well and healthy. It has been a while since I wrote you my first Open Letter entitled First Impressions dated November 3, 2016. It is hard to believe that already we have celebrated Christmas and Easter and now, we just finished celebrating so many First Communions and Confirmations. [Read more…]